Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Few of Our Favorite Things


Here are a few of our favorite things from Xmas. Above: Penny's pink skull tutu onsie! I wonder if they make baby-sized pairs of Doc Marten's?

The wooden tiger. Penny really likes the tail:


My penny bracelet:


Penny's "penny" onesie, to wear on the days she's feeling a bit meta:

(Also note the cool map of WY in the background)

And last but not least, a hand-made urn for some of my mom's ashes I had been keeping in a very unglamorous box.

Penny's hopefully-someday-soon-to-be-Uncle Paddy made urns for each of us, so I could share the contraband ashes with my sisters and my dad. The symbology on the urn means "mother and child." This is my favorite gift. We scattered my mom's ashes years ago, but I kept some of them, because at the time, the only (and somewhat irrational) thought in my head was, "Someday, they will have the technology to bring her back." So until then, I have a lovely place for her to stay.

Thanks to all of our friends and family for the gifts, holiday cards, and letters. We wish you the very best and lots of sleep in 2009.

2 comments:

CRM said...

Wow, I'm glad I went with the 12-month size!

Anonymous said...

Doc Marten's kids shoes...on Zappos. They even have neon pink mary janes!

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722308656/page/1.html